You only need three ingredients to make the best piña colada recipe. Tropical, smooth and delicious and just slightly boozy makes an easy piña colada cocktail.
Piña Colada translates from Spanish to “strained pineapple,” because the best piña colada cocktails are made from freshly strained pineapple. So, best piña colada recipe is the one you make yourself! And the good news is that it’s super easy. Three ingredients easy.
Make an Authentic Piña Colada Drink
Ingredients (scroll down for proportions and directions)
- Bacardi Superior Rum
- Pineapple juice
- Cream of Coconut
What Alcohol Goes in a Piña Colada?
Traditionally, rum is used to make a frozen piña colada recipe. I like using a light rum like Bacardi, but you could also use dark rum.What’s the difference between light rum and dark rum?
Light, silver or white rum is aged less than other varieties. Dark rum is aged in charred oak or wooden barrels and thus ends up darker in color with a bolder flavor.
If you like stronger flavored rum you can certainly use dark Bacardi rum.
If you’re looking for a very sweet option Malibu rum might be for you because it is additionally flavored with coconut. To make a piña colada with Malibu, just substitute for your favorite rum.
Can You Use Coconut Milk instead of Cream of Coconut?
How Do You Make a Piña Colada from Scratch?
Place ice, pineapple juice, coconut cream, and the rum into a blender. Blend until smooth and frosty. Pour the drink into 2 glasses and garnish the rim with pineapple slices.
Other Cocktail Recipes You May Like
Best Piña Colada Recipe
Ingredients (makes 2 cocktails)
- 4 oz Bacardi Superior Rum
- 6 oz Pineapple juice or 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1 oz Cream of Coconut
- Pour all of the ingredients into a blender. Fill with ice and blend. I like a little chunks of ice and fruit pieces in my piña, so don’t over blend. Then just pour and enjoy!
- Use fresh pineapple chunks rather than pineapple juice for a creamy piña colada recipe.
- You can also use frozen pineapple to make your cocktail.
- Make a pineapple cup for your piña colada. First, cut off the crown of the pineapple. Then, work with your knife to make an internal ring of the pineapple meat. Begin cutting sideways until you have removed the core and the surrounding meat. Then simply pour the cocktail into your pineapple.
Pin This Easy Piña Colada Cooler for Next Time
This post was originally published in partnership with Collective Bias and Bacardi Rum. All opinions are mine alone.