This easy and delicious crab dip recipe is made with old bay and cream cheese. It has all the makings of a perfect appetizer and its proven to be a major crowd pleaser.
Serve it hot or cold, this dip just doesn’t disappoint. And the best part? You only need about 20 minutes and few ingredients to make this insanely easy and delicious crab dip recipe.Jump to Recipe
Why You Should Make This Insanely Easy Appetizer
It’s been a while since I made this crab dip recipe, so I decided to make it for Christmas as a test run for our New Year’s Eve soirée at home. It was a hit, so I thought I’d share it with you.
It’s one of those easy appetizers that you can make hot or cold and it’s perfect for a big or small gathering.
You can also prep it in advance and have it ready to take to someone’s home or just take it out of the refrigerator once your guests arrive.
It’s a great appetizer in that it’s also super versatile. Serve it hot or cold, for Super Bowl or just Sunday football, or make it fancy for New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day party.
Everything You Need To Make this Crab Dip
- cream cheese
- Dijon mustard
- paprika ( or Old Bay seasoning)
- garlic powder
- can jumbo lump crabmeat, drained
How to Make this Old Bay Crab Dip
Use an electric mixer to blend together cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, paprika and salt.
Fold in the crab meat and cover thoroughly in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. If you a serving your dip cold, you are done!
To serve warm bake uncovered in an oven-safe dish for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly at 350 degrees.
Easy and Delicious Crab Dip Recipe
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp paprika ( or old bay seasoning)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 16 oz jumbo lump crabmeat
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to blend together cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder, paprika and salt.
- Fold in the crab meat and cover thoroughly in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. If you a serving your dip cold, you are done!
- To serve warm bake uncovered in an oven-safe dish for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly at 350 degrees.
Additional Notes & Questions About this Seafood Appetizer
Can I use imitation crab for this dip recipe?
I prefer using premium grade crabmeat for this recipe, but in a pinch you could use imitation crab for this crab dip.
Can I add artichokes to this recipe?
If you would like to add artichoke to this crab dip I would recommend to use marinated artichoke.
Cut it into small chunks and mix with the crab meat.
I love the additional flavor this bring to the dish and it’s easy to turn this recipe into a crab and artichoke dip.
Can You Make It Ahead of Time?
Yep. If you plan on serving your crab dip cold, you can make it ahead of time and leave it in your fridge.
But, I wouldn’t leave it in there for more than two days. If you plan on serving your crab dip hot, than you can make it ahead and keep it in the fridge, and simply heat it up when you are ready to serve it.
If you’re making the dish warm, place in an oven-safe container in the fridge so it can go straight into the oven.
You can mix the ingredients by hand, but an electric mixer makes the ingredients smooth and velvety.
More Appetizer Ideas You May Like
- Favorite Summer Appetizers
- Grilled Shrimp Avocado Zucchini Bites
- Mini Crescent Hot Dogs with Cheese Dip
- How to Make Pizza Muffin Bites
- Mini Brie Bites with Cranberry Orange Relish
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail Recipe | Happy Cinco de Mayo
- How to Build an Easy Mezze Platter
Another Crab Recipe You May Want to Try Crab Cakes with Shaved Zucchini Salad Recipe