This one-skillet chicken meatballs and orzo dinner recipe has been on a heavy rotation
around here. And it comes together quickly with all ingredients from Trader Joe’s.
Chile Lime Chicken Patties from Trader Joe’s Save the Day
To make this chicken and orzo recipe quickly I skip making meatballs from scratch.
Instead, I buy the chile lime chicken burgers from Trader Joe’s and make chicken meatballs
out of the patties. One patty makes about 4 mini chicken meatballs. .
The chicken meatballs are already full of the chile lime flavor and they pair very well with
the lemony orzo. Topped with a little parmesan cheese this is the perfect easy weeknight
dinner that will be on repeat at your house.
It’s such a hit in our house that I now always keep these chicken burgers in the freezer.
I also add kale to this one-skillet dinner of chicken and orzo. If you don’t cook with kale a lot,
make sure to cut out the core from the leafy green and also don’t forget to massage your
kale. A few minutes of rubbing this leafy green really make a difference in making it
flavorful instead of rough and chewy.
I hope you are also a fan of sun-dried tomatoes.
They add so much flavor to this one-skillet dinner.
Other Trader Joe’s Recipe to Try
One Skillet Chicken Meatballs and Orzo Recipe
with Kale and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Chicken Meatballs and Orzo with Kale and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Chili Lime Chicken Burgers from Trader Joe's
- 1/3 cup
- 2 tbsp
garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup kale, core removed
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 tsp lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Divide the patties into 4 even pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Brown them in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through. Set aside.
- Back in the skillet, add the oil, garlic, kale and chopped sun-dried tomato.
- Sauté the mixture for a couple of minutes, then add the chicken stock.
- Now, add the meatballs back to the pan.
- In the meantime, boil the orzo in a pot of salted water until al dente.
- Transfer the pasta into the skillet, then add lemon and parmesan cheese. Toss it all together and serve immediately.
Pin This Trader Joe’s Recipe for Later