This easy Mediterranean orzo pasta salad recipe pairs well with any main course, from fish to meat and it’s a breeze to make.
The Greek inspired orzo pasta salad is made with fresh cucumbers, red onion, olives, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and arugula. If you’re not a fan of arugula you can substitute with spinach. What really makes this pasta salad a crowd pleaser is the dressing. Zesty from the lemon and sweet from the Agave, the dressing transforms this salad into a flavorful masterpiece.
What You Need to Make This Recipe
( scroll down for proportions and recipe)
- red onion
- cherry tomatoes
- feta cheese
- Kalamata olives
- sun-dried tomatoes
- arugula or spinach
- olive oil
- dried oregano
What is Orzo?
Orzo is a type of pasta that’s similar to rice in shape, size, and texture. Is orzo healthier than rice? Not really, but a whole-wheat orzo packs more fiber and protein than regular orzo, which makes it the healthier choice. Orzo is typically used in soups, but it also makes a great salad. I pick up my orzo from Trader Joe’s, but you can find orzo in most stores.
Other Recipes You May Like
What to Serve with Orzo Pasta Salad?
This colorful salad would pair well with grilled chicken or turkey mini meatloaves, as well as grilled meat or sandwiches.You can also serve this Greek orzo salad as the main course with a fresh baguette.
How Long Does Orzo Salad Last in the Fridge?
Print The Recipe
Easy Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 cup orzo pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pited and halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fresh arugula or fresh spinach
Greek Dressing for Salad
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp Agave or honey
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook orzo pasta according to directions on the package. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together. Add salt and pepper.
- Add all of the salad ingredients together and combine with orzo pasta. Toss with the dressing and serve.
Pin the Recipe for Later