Shrimp and crab pasta in a white wine sauce is one of those elevated comfort meals that comes together fast and always makes for a satisfying and delicious meal.
Everything You Need to Make this Shrimp and Crab Pasta
- olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes
- lump crab meat
- white wine
- vegetable stock
- Italian parsley
- salt and pepper
Why You Should Make this Seafood Pasta Tonight
Essentially this shrimp and crab dish is the lighter version of the Fra Diavolo spicy shrimp and crab pasta recipe.
But instead of the spicy red tomato sauce, this shrimp and crab recipe uses a white wine sauce. Still tons of flavor and totally satisfying.
The white wine crab sauce is light and perfect for spring or summer.
Lots of lemon, garlic and pepper flakes compliment the seafood flavors in a delicious white wine broth that’s so good you may want to make some crispy garlic bread to scoop it up.
How to Make this Pasta Recipe with Shrimp and Crab
In a large sauté pan heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots and cook 3-5 minutes until fragrant and translucent. Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook another 1-2 minutes.
Meanwhile, also boil a pot of water add a dash of salt and make your choice of pasta per package instructions.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add them to the pan. Cook until the shrimp have turned pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Next, add wine, broth and lemon juice to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Raise the mixture to boil then reduce to a simmer.
Add shrimp back to the pan and fold in cooked pasta. Now also add the crab and gently mix in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes to warm up the crab. Add parsley, toss and serve immediately.
Additional Notes and Tips for this Recipe
What pasta should I use for this recipe?
- The recipe uses simple ingredients for an easy pasta dish and can be make with spaghetti or linguine or even angel hair. Any pasta would work for this recipe.
What white wine can I use to make this dish?
- You can use cooking wine or any light white wine you have on hand, such as a sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio. Think light and fruit forward.
- My favorite kind of wine to use for pasta recipes though is any kind of wine I’d like to drink with my meal.
Can I use frozen shrimp for this pasta recipe?
- Yes. You can use defrosted shrimp for this recipe. Just make sure to clean, devein and pat dry before adding it.
- If you’re not sure how to properly defrost shrimp, check out this post for the step by step.
May I use canned crab?
- Yes. Just make sure to run your hands through the lump meat to make sure there are no shells in the crab.
Can I make this recipe without crab?
- Ofcourse! The crab does elevate this dish and brings in more flavors, but if you only have shrimp on hand, this will still be a delicious meal.
What can I use instead of crab or shrimp?
- The beautiful thing about this white wine sauce pasta recipe is that it’s quite flexible and you can easily substitute for seafood you do have at home.
- Flaky white fish, scallop or even clams and mussels could be delicious in this white wine sauce.
Spicy Crab and Shrimp Pasta Recipe in White Wine Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 16 oz pasta
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots and cook 3-5 minutes until fragrant and translucent. Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add them to the pan. Cook until the shrimp have turned pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Next, add wine, broth and lemon juice to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Raise the mixture to boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Add shrimp back to the pan and fold in the cooked pasta. Now also add the crab and gently mix in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes to warm up the crab. Add parsley, toss and serve immediately.
Other Shrimp Pasta Recipes You May Enjoy
- Shrimp and Crab Fra Diavolo
- Skinny Shrimp Scampi
- Pesto Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- Shrimp Pasta in a Spicy Tomato Sauce
More Favorite Shrimp Recipes You May Like
- Grilled Shrimp Avocado Zucchini Bites
- Easy Pineapple Shrimp Fried “Rice”
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail Recipe | Happy Cinco de Mayo
- Spicy Shrimp Noodles