Shrimp Pasta in a Spicy Tomato Sauce is the ultimate comfort dish. It’s the kind of seafood pasta recipe you can make for one or serve it up at your next dinner party. Simple, delicious and satisfying. Everything a pasta dish should be.
Use Pantry Staples
What I love the most about this shrimp pasta marinara sauce is that this dish comes together by using pantry staples and a frozen bag of shrimp.
Shrimp form the freezer defrost quickly and make this simple shrimp tomato pasta a delicious weeknight meal you can serve in just about half an hour or so.
You also don’t have to spend hours simmering a delicious tomato sauce from scratch. Instead, you can simply use jarred marinara sauce or any jarred tomato sauce you have on hand.
Other Recipes You May Like
Another reason to love this shrimp pasta dish is how easily other ingredients can be added or swapped. Any pasta you may have on hand works great for this dish, as well as any seafood. If you like crab, I highly recommend adding crab to this pasta dish for a spicy shrimp and crab pasta.
Shrimp Pasta in a Spicy Tomato Sauce
Ingredients ( makes 2 servings)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 16 oz pasta
- 1 small onion, diced
- 16 oz whole plum crushed tomatoes or any tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Defrost your shrimp and pat dry. If using fresh shrimp, wash thoroughly and pat dry. Season liberally with salt and pepper
- In a bowl and 1 garlic clove chopped and 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon pepper flakes. Mix in the shrimp and let them sit in the mixture.
- Meanwhile, boil a large pot of lightly salted water, and cook the pasta, until al dente.
Then a large saucepan. Add the shrimp, and cook for about two minutes each side, until the shrimp turn pink. Set shrimp aside.
Add half of the olive oil, the onion and the garlic to a the saucepan, cooking on medium heat until the onion is translucent, about 2-4 minutes.
Pour in the tomatoes when the garlic begins to sizzle and the onion has sautéed. Season with the salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes before bringing to a boil.
Lower the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the shrimp back to the sauce.
- Combine pasta and shrimp to the red sauce, toss gently.
Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve immediately.
Pin This Seafood Dish for Later