This easy baked eggplant parmesan recipe is so good I completely stopped making my own eggplant from scratch and instead make this semi-homemade version fo the classic Italian staple with all ingredients from Trader Joe’s.
We’ve had this easy baked eggplant parmesan recipe at
least once a week for about a year.
If you want a savory and delicious meal tonight.
You can make it happen in about 20 minutes.
And this semi-homemade version might just taste
better than how abuelita used to make it.
Easy Eggplant Parmesan
These eggplant cutlets are our ultimate go-to Trader Joe’s boxed item.
I love any kind of parmigiana, and have made eggplant parm from scratch,
and honestly there wasn’t much difference between my cutlets and these bad boys.
(Maybe, I’m not so good at making eggplant cutlets?!)
The breading is light, and you the patties are thick enough that you actually taste the eggplant.
Most of the time I have leftover homemade red sauce,
but when I don’t, the jar works just as well.
Of course, nothing compares to fresh mozzarella,
and Trader Joe’s comes through again with
their great cheese selection.
While I bake the eggplant, per the instructions on the box,
I also like to warm up the sauce.
Once the baked eggplant is ready, cover each patty with sauce
and a slice of mozzarella cheese.
Place back in the oven to allow the cheese to melt.
Other Trader Joe’s Recipes to Try
To serve, I like to add basil and then stack the cutlets on top of each other.
A sprinkle of fresh Parmigiano Reggiano also goes a long way too.
Easy Baked Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 lb eggplant cutlets from Trader Joe's (refrigerator section)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- Cook the eggplant cutlets according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, warm up the sauce in a separate sauce pan.
- Cut thin slivers of mozzarella cheese.
- Once cutlets are cooked. Add one tablespoon of warm sauce to each cutlet and a small sliver of mozzarella cheese. Place back in the oven for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve by stacking three cutlets on top of each other. Sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese and basil.
What is Served with Eggplant Parmesan?
Typically I serve a large salad of mixed greens in a vinaigrette dressing.
Another great choice would be sautéed spinach with garlic or maybe even a
small portion of spaghetti. Depends on how healthy you want your eggplant
parmesan easy dinner to be. A simple Caprese salad would also be a great idea to serve
with easy baked eggplant parmesan recipe.