The Best Skinny Margarita Recipe made with a few simple ingredients for a refreshing and
delicious cocktail you’ll make over and over again.
What Makes this a Skinny Margarita?
This “Skinny” margarita is made with fresh lime juice and a little agave for sweetness,
instead of using a pre-made margarita mix that has tons of sugar.
This fresh lime margarita also doesn’t have artificial sweeteners
like a low calorie option you can buy.
Other Posts You May Like
How to Make an Authentic Margarita
A true margarita recipe is made with a few ingredients: fresh squeezed lime juice,
a high quality tequila, orange liqueur (I prefer Cointreau), and a hint of sweetness. Not from a pre-made mix.
The Best Skinny Margarita Recipe
(makes 2 cocktails)
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice (juice of 3-4 limes)
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz light agave nectar
- Coarse sea salt
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Squeeze some limes. I like our citrus juicer, much easier than doing it by hand.
- Pour sea salt in a shallow dish. Generously run a lime wedge over the rim of your glasses, then turn it upside down and twist to salt the rim.
- Combine tequila, cointreau, lime juice and agave into a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake, then pour into your ice-filled glass and enjoy!
- add more agave if you want your margaritas on the sweet side.
- skip Cointreau or triple sec if you’re truly watching the calories, however don’t for a true authentic taste
- don’t use cheap tequila, and don’t use the most expensive one either. Somewhere in the middle is best