Feta cheese and fresh mint leaves make these mediterranean inspired meatballs a perfect, low-carb weeknight meal. Put them on skewers and they become a delicious appetizer! Any way you serve them, these baked meatballs will be a crowd pleaser.
Baked Mediterranean Inspired Meatballs
Whenever I’m craving something fresh and flavorful, I always gravitate towards mediterranean flavors. A drizzle of good olive oil over juicy tomatoes and crunchy cucumbers and fresh herbs with a little feta and a few Kalamata olives— it just doesn’t get any better for me than that.
Add to this fresh and simple Greek salad these baked Mediterranean meatballs and we are talking easy, delicious and so flavorful dinner.
I served the meatballs with a simple salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion and feta cheese, drizzled with olive oil and a little lemon. Adding olives and fresh parsley.
Other Recipes You May Like
What makes these meatballs Mediterranean?
We ate the meatballs with a garlic paste from Trader Joe’s, but truly they were juice and delicious enough to enjoy without. I make Italian style meatballs all the time, and typically out of turkey. But for this recipe, I went with organic lean ground beef.
And I decided to put them on skewers! Is it me, or is food suddenly way more appealing if it’s on a skewer? What makes these meatballs Mediterranean? A few things. Fresh mint leaves, coriander and feta! You guys, these were delicious. And, I also baked them. A healthy, carb-free weeknight meal for the win.
(Let’s not count the pita bread and hummus, alright?)
Want to put these on a skewer?
Here is the (aff) Amazon link for the kabob skewers
Mediterranean Inspired Meatballs
- 1 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 large yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint chopped
- 1 heaping spoon of crumbled feta
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs of ground oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, spices, fresh herbs, onions and garlic. Add the egg and thoroughly mix.
- Form small balls of the meat and add five to each skewer, if using skewers.
- Heat oven to 425 and place the skewers with meatballs on an well oiled rack. Cook for 15 minutes. Take out the skewers, rotate them and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
Pin This l Recipe for Later