You know how sometimes you haven’t had a chance to get to the store, so you try to concoct a meal out of whatever you have between the fridge and the pantry? That’s how this easy turmeric quinoa recipe with cranberries was born. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t delicious and now my favorite way to eat quinoa.
Ingredients to Make this Easy Quinoa Recipe
(scroll down for proportions and directions)
- white onion
- coconut oil
- curry powder
What Can You Add to Quinoa to Make it Taste Better?
Other Recipes You May Like
Print Ready Healthy Quinoa Recipe
Easy Quinoa Recipe with Turmeric & Cranberries
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned or chopped
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa per instructions on the package. Personally, I love the
tri-color or red quinoa, but any would do.
- Meanwhile, pour coconut oil into a pan and sauté onion until translucent. Then add carrots and garlic. Let the mixture simmer on low heat while the quinoa cooks.
- Once quinoa is ready, add it to the mixture in the pan, mix in the herbs.
- Take the quinoa mixture off the heat and add parsley and cranberries. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
What Goes Well with Quinoa?
Quinoa is such a flexible grain that it truly works well with any protein. Sometimes I like to add chick peas to this recipe for a complete meal. But you can serve this easy turmeric quinoa recipe with shrimp, chicken or your favorite meat dishes.