This healthy lentil salad recipe with pomegranate can be served warm or cold, as a side dish or as a main event.
Power Greens, Lentils and More
This fall lentil and pomegranate salad is the perfect way to welcome the season, and it packs a powerful nutritional punch.
Lentils, are just as good for you!
Nutty and earthy in flavor, they are high in fiber, and my favorite legumes. But, regardless of the nutritional value, this salad is simply delicious and it can be served warm or cold, as a side dish or as the main event.
Here is everything you need to make this lentil salad recipe:
( scroll down for the proportions and the recipe)
- cooked lentils
- chopped greens (kale, spinach, shredded Brussels or cabbage can all work here)
- pomegranate arils
- small red onion
- fresh mint leaves
- crumbled feta cheese
- white balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants, and have anti-cancer and immune supporting effects. You usually start seeing them at stores from September through January.
This superfood fruit are a great addition to this Mediterranean lentil salad, and it makes this dish a perfect fall dish to make all season.
The beauty of this salad is that you can add or substitute other ingredients. If you don’t have kale, spinach or Brussels sprouts can work. A variety of lentils, from brown to green red and yellow. can also work for this Mediterranean lentil salad.
This salad works well as a dish of its own, but it can also serve as a side dish to chicken or meat meals. Try it with my Mediterranean meatballs and if you’re a fan of lentils, put it on your list to also make my lentil soup this season.
Other Salad Recipes You May Like
Mediterranean Lentil Salad Recipe with Pomegranate
Fall Lentil Salad with Power Greens & Pomegranate
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 2-3 cups power greens ( kale, spinach or shredded Brussel sprouts
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Make lentils according to package instructions.
- Sometimes I use a pre-packaged kale, shredded Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and cabbage mix. Other times I use spinach. Whatever green you have on hand works.
- Add a few drops of olive oil to a pan and sauté your greens until vibrant in color,
about 2 minutes. Add onion, and cook for a few additional minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and gently mix in the chopped cucumber and
- Add lentils.
- Toss the mixture with olive oil, white vinegar and salt
and pepper to taste. Add chopped mint and top with feta cheese.
[…] Lentil and Pomegranate Salad […]
[…] here.) And second, because some of my most popular posts to date have been exactly these type of recipes; super easy, typically healthy and hopefully […]
Put this salad on my menu for Saturday.