The frozen raw shrimp with tail are a staple in my freezer. They are such a great, quick and easy dinner because they defrost incredibly well and fast! Of course buying never frozen, fresh shrimp is ideal, but we are talking about quick, family dinners without stopping at 4 supermarkets on your way home. So here we are. Easy and simple pesto grilled shrimp over spinach & chive linguine pasta, or any pasta you like, or even rice.
- 1 frozen shrimp package
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of pesto
- 1 package of linguine ( I used the spinach & chive linguine pasta, because FLO likes it and I pretend that’s a vegetable serving!)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Ideally, you would defrost the shrimp in the morning, by taking them out of the package and leaving them in cold water. Then patting them completely dry. Once dry, I like to take a tablespoon of pesto and chopped garlic and marinade them for as long as possible. Sometimes that means while the pasta is cooking!
- Cook the pasta according to package.
- Drizzle olive oil on a skillet and wait for it to get super hot. Add shrimp, wait a minute for them to turn pink, then flip over. Lower heat and remove the shrimp from the skillet, and set aside. Note, shrimp cooks super fast, so remove it before you think it’s done!
- Drain the pasta and then add to the skillet, on low heat. Drizzle additional olive oil into the pan. Add the remaining pesto.
- Take tails off the cooked shrimp, and add them to the skillet. Toss everything once again and serve immediately.
This dinner is part of my four weeknight recipes for easy and quick meals. [ Check out the rest of the recipes here + shopping list]