Pick up everything you need at Trader Joe’s for this sausage peppers onions and potatoes skillet, the easiest one skillet dinner idea.
Easy One-Skillet Dinner Idea
This sausage peppers onions and potatoes skillet recipe is my take on the classic Italian sausage, onions and peppers skillet. Traditionally you should let the onions and peppers cook until both are nearly translucent and then add the sausage. But there are tons of variations of Italian sausage and potato bake. But in this recipe we mix it up.
A twist on the classic this one skillet dinner dinner recipe is also easiest meal you’ll make all week. Promise.
What Kind of Sausage Should You Use?
Everything you need to make this one skillet dinner at home can be purchased at Trader Joe’s. If you like your sausage spicy, Trader Joe’s also has a hot sausage or vegetarian alternatives. I like the sweet chicken sausage. It’s mild, but full of flavor. Any sausage you choose can work for this Trader Joe’s dinner idea.
Other Easy Trader Joe’s Dinner Ideas To Try
This one skillet recipe also adds potatoes and arugula. You can skip the arugula if you’re not a big fan, but it happens to be one of my favorite greens.
I add arugula to a lot of our meals, for that extra peppery flavor. It’s really the most delicious green in my opinion.
Make this Sausage Onions and Peppers Recipe in the Oven
Don’t want to make the sausage, peppers, onions and potatoes skillet? Use the oven instead.
To make the sheet pan sausage peppers onions and potatoes chop all of your veggies and then toss them in the olive oil, salt and pepper and garlic then lay on the sheet pan. Add sliced sausage and cook for about 30 minutes or so at 400 degrees.
This would also be a great choice if you wanted to make sausage and peppers in the oven for a crowd if you were going to have a party.
Print the One Skillet Sausage and Peppers Recipe
Sausage Peppers Onions and Potatoes Skillet
- 4 sweet sausage links
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 lb small potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, use a skillet that has a lid. Add sausage links, brown on all sides, 3-5 minutes. Then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil and add the potatoes. Cook for 5-10 minutes until potatoes are golden brown. Then remove the potatoes.
- And final tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the onions, garlic and peppers until translucent. Salt & Pepper the mixture.
- Add the potatoes and sausage back to the skillet.
- Pour 1/3 cup of water over the mixture and close the lid.
- Let everything cook for another 10-15 minutes, until the water is absorbed, the potatoes are tender and the sausage is cooked through. Sprinkle in the dill and taste to see if more salt & pepper is needed.
- Turn off the heat, add fresh arugula to your serving bowl, add the sausage and potatoes mixture, toss gently and enjoy.
Pin the Recipe for Later