A true espresso martini recipe has only three ingredients. It’s simple, delicious and makes for a perfect after dinner treat or an afternoon pick me up. Here is how to make an espresso martini cocktail.
What will you need for this espresso martini recipe?
The beautiful thing about espresso martinis is their simplicity. You’ll only need three simple ingredients to put together this bold espresso martini.
- Kahlua or coffee liqueur
- Espresso or strong coffee
How to Make an Espresso Martini Cocktail
This super simple and fun cocktail is super easy to make at home. It’s a terrific afternoon pick me up or a happy hour cocktail as well as a perfect after dinner drink. The caffeine gives you a boost of energy and can aid in digestion. A double win in my book.
To make this delicious coffee cocktail you only need vodka, a coffee liqueur and espresso.
How to Make the Best Espresso Martini
- 1 oz espresso or very strong coffee
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz coffee liqueur
- Brew the Espresso. You can use any espresso machine or even brew a super strong coffee in your coffee machine. Typically I use our Ninja coffee system specialty setting.
- Let it cool. I like to let the coffee cool a bit before making this drink.
- Shake It Up. Place the espresso, vodka, and Kahlua or your preferred coffee liqueur in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain + Serve. Strain the espresso martini into a cocktail glass. I love my coup glass for martinis lately. Garnish with 3 coffee beans or a dusting of ground coffee—but honestly, I like it without a garnish.
Shop Espresso Martini Essentials (affiliate links )
[…] Espresso Martini Recipe […]