Last weekend we attended a wedding of a long time family friend. All weddings are incredibly romantic and special in their own way, but something about this one has stayed with me. It’s rare when you can truly see love and tenderness between a couple. A comfort, ease and the simplicity of two people insync and for the lack of better words, meant to be. It was a beautiful ceremony and a gorgeous day for a fall wedding, and we were so honored to be able to attend. Looking through this bride’s registry also inspired this post, because I ended up making a big purchase for myself. And dare I say that it was life-changing? Read on for some fall wedding guest style inspo and five things I wish I put on my registry.
| Dress, shoes (old) similar here|
Don’t worry, I did end up getting something for the happy couple. I just also made a little purchase for myself.
One household chore I really used to enjoy was ironing. I know. Super weird. But I found that smoothing out wrinkles in the fabric brought over a certain sense of calm. It’s sort of meditative. I mindless, yet therapeutic task. Since the baby, finding the time and the energy to iron has been non-existent and started to feel like a major chore, so I decided to splurge a little on a steamer! Here are other items that I love and wish I had registered for!
Five Things I Wish I Put On My Registry
1. Steamer. I don’t know what took me so long, but I never ever want to live in a world without one. I initially got a hand held one, but found it too small. So instead, I went big. I absolutely love this steamer and would recommend it to anyone!
2. Ninja. We registered for a different blender, but returned it for the Ninja and we use it daily! We make smoothies, acai bowls and I even use it to mix dry and wet ingredients when cooking.
3. Bedding. I don’t know why, but I love me an all white bed. All of our sheets and duvet covers have been white for years, and I am still not sick of it. But, every couple of years I do like to splurge on a good bedding set, and this one from Anthropologie is on my wish list.
4. Le Creuset enameled Dutch oven. It feels like such a chef’s kitchen goal, and every time I make a stew I feel like it would be ten thousand times more delicious if it was in this pot.
5. Kitchen Aid mixer. Ok, I know that I never bake, but if I had one of these maybe I would try harder? I also know that since I never registered for it, I’ll probably never have one, because I would never spend this much on a mixer! ( Maybe it’s not too late for you?)
What are some of the items you wish you had put on your registry? Or anything else that you bought recently that has changed your life?!
P.S. If you’re into the mustard yellow vibes for fall I found some really beautiful options. Take a look!
[…] Fall Wedding Guest Style […]
You look so beautiful and pretty. The whole family looks so cute.
Thanks so much!
I’m dying for that Mixer too, but it is a bit much! Beautiful dress though!
It’s definitely too expensive, especially for someone who doesn’t bake! Haha
I actually just had my bridal shower on Sunday and I’m so happy with all the things I registered for. My sister got me the nutribullet and my parents have one so I know how amazing it is. I love it. It’s funny that you say maybe you bake more if you had the mixer because I’m not a big baker or kitchen person lol, but I received so many great baking and cookware that it does make me what to get in the kitchen and use it all!
Also, I am loving this fall look for the wedding. I never know what to wear to weddings.
I hope all of your baking ware inspires you!
That dress is killer!! I do agree that I should have asked for bedding too!! Now I just want all the expensive bedding for our bed!
Thanks Nicole! Yes, I feel like I always need bedding!
Such a great family photo, I love that dress too!
Oh I just LOVE that dress – such a perfect color for a fall wedding!
I know, something about that color is so fall!
You nailed the fall wedding look! Loved that dress in you. So good catching up with you. Hope to get together soon ? Xo
Thanks so much friend! Yes, I’d love to actually sit and catch up with you!!
Beautiful family! I love the dress…and I’ve always wanted a Kitchen Aid Mixer too!
THank you so much, April! I think we all secretly want the Kitchen Aid Mixer 🙂