The best matcha smoothie recipe for natural energy all day, full of antioxidants and fat burning properties this simple recipe is a keeper.
Can Matcha Powder be Added to Smoothies?
I’ve been making matcha lattes for a while now. I find them perfect as an afternoon pick me up. Then I thought, why not try matcha in a smoothie? It’s frothy, delicious and full of good for you nutrients.
Ingredients for the Best Matcha Smoothie
(scroll down for exact proportions and directions)
- Matcha Green tea powder
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Dates or Figs*
*You can use honey, maple syrup or agave instead of dates.
What Does Matcha Green Tea Taste Like?
In general, matcha green tea powder tastes a little bitter. Some people describe it to have a grass or spinach-like taste. However, with addition of natural sweeteners such as fruit and berries matcha powder transforms into a delicious treat.
What Does Matcha Green Tea Do For You?
Matcha powder or Matcha green tea powder has the ability to boost your immunity, control stress and even assist with weight loss. A compound in matcha powder called EGCG ( epigallocatechin gallate) has been shown to boost metabolism and stop the growth of fat cells. It’s also a natural antioxidant.
Is Matcha a Fat Burner?
If you want to incorporate matcha green tea powder for weight loss, you can still make this matcha smoothie recipe or my matcha latte recipe and even my matcha energy bites—because all of these matcha recipes use only natural sweetening agents, meaning you’re not adding extra calories.
- positive effects on mood
- promotes relaxation
- provides sustained energy
- can help with maintaining a healthy weight
Other Posts You May Like
Shop The Essentials
Healthy Matcha Green Tea Recipe
- 1/2 tsp Matcha Green tea powder
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup Fresh or Frozen Spinach
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Dates (You can use 2 tbsp honey, maple syrup or agave instead of dates. )
- 1/2 cup ice
- Add all of the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.
- I find that the banana ads much needed sweetness to the otherwise bitter green tea powder.
- If you want to make the matcha smoothie recipe with no banana, consider adding avocado or protein for that frothy smoothie texture.
- You can also add protein to this smoothie. Matcha smoothie works with chocolate or vanilla protein powder. I recommend adding 1 scoop of either for added flavor and protein to the recipe.
- There is a difference between regular green tea and matcha green tea powder. Matcha is bright green while green tea is more brown. Find the real matcha green tea powder at specialty stores like Whole Foods online on Amazon. This is the matcha powder I use.
- Trader Joe's also has a green tea powder that they sell for lattes. Its sweetened, but works in a pinch.
Items You’ll Need to Make Matcha Drinks and Smoothies
Pin This Recipe for Next Time